This opportunity is for a part-time contractor position.
As a Community Manager, you will be responsible for advocating for and representing a brand on Soul Space Media’s social networks. You will have your own social persona and will actively connect with fans and potential customers with the overarching goal of creating a “tribe” and a close-knit community on social platforms.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional networking and written communication skills and is able to create engaging content. You should be a “people person” with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community. You should be passionate about the brand you’re representing and translate this as engaging (and highly useful) online content.
Ultimately, you should be able to be an online ambassador for the Sarah Prout & Soul Space Media brand and manage all community communications.
For the foreseeable future, your brand representation will be focused on the “Sarah Prout” online communities and memberships.
- Engage with new fans/followers/prospects in order to grow the overall brand community
- Compassionate communication: you understand human emotions, feelings, thoughts, tendencies and display patience, empathy and seek understanding
- Post high-quality text, image, and video content to encourage discussion and engagement
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Strategize ways to scale online communities and connect with new people
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- A love and passion for personal development a MUST!
- Proven work experience as a Community Manager (at least 2+ years)
- Experience managing Facebook groups
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous grammar and spelling
- Experience in content writing
- Lifelong learner eager to develop new skills and knowledge & stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Ability to interpret social media engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Enjoys engaging with people with meaningful online content
- BS degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Social media management & strategy a plus!
- Graphic design experience is a plus!
- Video editing experience is a plus!
- Experience working in the space of personal growth is a huge plus!
DISQUALIFIERS: Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Have less than 2 years of full-time experience in social or community management
- Don’t love having conversations with other people
- Don’t love analyzing numbers to come up with ideas and strategies
- Don’t have the drive and ability to self motivate
- Don’t consider yourself a proactive type of person
- Are only looking for a short-term or temporary role
- Get easily triggered or reactive when confronted by an unhappy customer (it’s not frequent, but it does happen)
Hours Per Week
5-10 to start with a high likelihood to scale to 20+hours/week