We all need more love, laughter and joy in our lives. So today I brain-dumped a list of things you can do to boost the level of joy you have in your beautiful day to day experience.
1. Set the intention to allow yourself to laugh more.
2. Dance to really loud music.
3. Watch really funny movies. I’d recommend watching: ‘Jeff,Who Lives at Home’. This movie is filled with quirky joy and is the best movie I’ve seen so far in 2012.
4. Eat food that nourishes your body and makes you feel good.
5. Commit a random act of kindness like opening the door for someone or sending your mother a gift out of the blue and not just on her birthday.
6. Visit the puppies at the pet store in your local shopping mall.
7. Go to bed just before your partner and hide behind the door. Just as he/she walks in, jump out to scare the crap out of them! The joy from the laughter is hilarious! Embrace your inner prankster.
8. Call someone out on their bullshit when they’re being too negative. Being a language pattern super-hero makes your life more joyful.
9. Tell someone they look pretty or handsome and feel the energy of giving our compliments.
10. Buy yourself a beautiful gratitude journal.
11. Tell your kids (or loved ones) that you LOVE them. Tell them all the time.
12. Hug people that matter to you.
13. Try not wearing undies for an entire day and see if you find joy in the breeze.
14. Have more sexy-sexy time with yourself, your partner or the Universe.
15. Sing a Madonna song really loudly into the mirror while pretending your hairbrush is a microphone.
16. Take photos of stuff you love.
17. Create an inspiration board on Pinterest.
18. Stop and smell the roses when you see them. Really give ‘em a good sniff.
19. Learn to talk to the sky, the moon and the stars.
20. Read Rumi poetry.
21. Learn how to make fabulous cocktails.
22. Buy yourself a hula-hoop. I recently took a few Burlesque Hula-Hooping classes and loved it.
23. Exercise and feel good about it.
24. Surround your environment with memories of your loved ones.
25. Buy a teapot and enjoy the ritual of sipping tea while reading something inspiring.
26. Watch birthing videos of when a mumma holds her baby for the first time. Above is a photo of the very first time I saw my daughter Olivia. She was such a beautiful baby.
27. Jump on a trampoline.
28. Cook a meal wearing just an apron.
29. Next time you hear someone fart you must laugh loudly and point at them just like you’re 6 years old again.
30. Rescue an animal (it could be a snail that needs help crossing a pathway).
31. Say affirmations when you’re brushing your teeth.
32. Treat yourself to some beautiful essential oils.
34. Meditate outside.
35. Have sexy-sexy time to really loud, fast music.
36. Have sexy-sexy time while listening to a guided meditation.
37. Go to a comedy show and laugh your arse off. Loudly. Snort if you need to.
38. Tell your feet you love them.
39. Write a love-letter to yourself.
40. Have fun with water. Go for a swim in the ocean or swimming pool. Take a bath. Or perhaps run under some sprinklers.
41. Pretend you’re a mermaid.
42. Talk to kids about Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Then watch their little eyes light up.
43. Give someone a wedgie, especially someone that really needs one.
44. Do some finger painting with brightly coloured paint. Get messy.
45. Watch old movies of yourself or look at old photos of when you were little.
46. Film your partner (or parents) doing silly stuff when they don’t know you’re watching them.
47. On a winter’s night go outside naked (with your partner or on your own) and throw saucepans of cold water on one another (or yourself). Sean and I did this a few months ago and laughed so hard – plus it was a huge shock to the system! So much fun!!
48. Sing ‘Love Shack’ by the B52’s really loudly when you’re driving your car with the window down.
49. Say thankyou to the next person that pisses you off.
50. Write your own joy list and post it in the comments section below.